Sunday, June 17, 2012

My dad, who is a star.

One of my favorite things to do whenever I am home for a few days is to have a friend or two over for dinner with my family. Usually, my sister will invite her boyfriend, my brother his girlfriend, and my mom will call her sister, the neighbor, and whomever else might possibly want to join. This means that, within about an hour, my family has created a 12-person impromptu dinner party that usually includes dancing around the kitchen to the inspiring sounds of cha-cha music. It is moments like this that I am so thankful for the stellar individuals that are my parents. As a pair, they have created a family and household that is always ready to welcome, play and share life with friends.

As those who has participated in Wilson Family Dinners will know, Papa Wilson likes to begin or end all meals with a question he puts to the whole table to answer. Sometimes the questions have a theme, like on holidays or other special occasions. I have been told that some people, fully aware that a question will be coming, prepare in advance so as to give a praise-worthy answer.

Today has been dubbed by Hallmark as the day to celebrate fathers. So, since I'm not sitting around the Sunday lunch table with the fam talking about our high-lows or favorite childhood memory, here is a tribute to the guy who cha-chas around the kitchen like a pro. Love ya, Dad. :)

A Father's Day Haiku:


Bad eyes and acne,
Love for Bing, fear of the phone.
Things I got from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment