Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Happy One Year Nash-iversary!!


Three hundred and sixty-five days ago today, I woke up in my new Nashville home for the very first time. It was cloudier April 9 than the one I am currently enjoying, a little overcast and rainy. But I was in love. Because my big adventure was beginning. 

All I can say is, what a year. What blessing, what bounty, what trial, what sorrow, what joy. The Lord has been nothing but faithful, dropping in my lap a job, community, relationship, and continually teaching me what it means to trust His heart for me and His excellent plan.

Every time I thought I had hit a dead end, a door opened for new and lovely things. 

It's worth noting, too, the totally on-point timing of the move. Any sooner (which is what I had been gunning for) or later, and moments would have been missed, people passed by. But, friends, divine orchestration is a real thing and it's SUPER. 

So, here's a recap. Top ten moments of Nashville, Year One:

1) Lining up two (TWO) very fancy barista interviews with top-notch shops within my first two weeks in the city. (Did my barista ego good, as well as my bank account.)

2) Seeing one of my top favorite music dudes, Gabe Dixon, in concert. One of those "HOLY SMOKES I live in Music City when did my life get so cool?" moments.

3) Hosting a delightful Thanksgiving gathering, and for the first time ever not missing being home on a holiday. Because Nashville felt like home.

4) All concerts in general, but specifically Rites of Spring and Live in the Green. Both so full of Nashville pride, joy and fun. 

5) Making friends at the 12 South Farmer's Market, who I am genuinely excited to see again this summer.

6) A certain evening at the end of August, when I was given a very nice mug.

7) The three-hour aquatic expedition of the Harpeth River, which was a true test of endurance and floating ability.

8) Finding the beautiful family that is my church community. Not a single moment, obviously, but many little ones that have become a vital part of the Nashville story thus far.

9) The first time one of my all time favorite music dudes came into my coffee shop and I made his americano while I FREAKED OUT A LITTLE BIT INSIDE. (Now he's a regular and I'm way casual about it. Whatevs.)

10) Slow dancing to a four-piece band in the gardens of Cheekwood on a beautiful fall night.


Nashville, you are a gem. I'm glad to be here and ready for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment